A R T I C U L A
FULL BODY FUNCTIONAL EXOSKELETON CONCEPT
ABOUT ME & THE PROJECT
I am Andrea, a 32yo mechanical engineer from Italy. As you can read my story here on the right, I’ll do straight to the point.
I loved Iron Man and exoskeletons since the first time I saw them, who hasn’t right? But at the time…well…that was just a movie, then I didn’t have time, then this, then that.
Now it’s been a couple of years that I finally decided to start the journey that was always my dream. Using everything I learned during the years and with the help of my 3D printers, here I am designing and building a full body exoskeleton concept in my free time.
Plus it looks like there are many other passionate people about exoskeletons around the world, since in quite a short time the project got lot of attention from different areas and I was able to build a quite passionate community behind it.
Here are some key points about the project at the current status:
- It is currently a v2 prototype (derived from the initial 3X0 project)
- It is mostly 3D printed with entry level technical materials because of logistic issues
- It is a full body exoskeleton since its aim is not to redistribute the load on the user but rather to unload to the ground
- It focuses on complete user mobility while providing a certain amount of relief to the user joints (target 30% stress reduction)
- It is mostly a passive concept (there are many technical reasons behind its choice)
- It targets application fields where repetitive actions are performed with the aim to reduce user fatigue
DISCLAIMER – The device is not a certified one and is not to be intended as a medical one. Build it and use it at your own risk. The author is not responsible in any whatsoever way of wrong usage of the device or any damage deriving from it.